Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Learning from a child


Have you ever seen a drunk man  (maybe not that usual in the states)? A man that you actually  thought would never come out of that drunk state because thats all he did. 
That drunk person, that you thought to yourself talking to- about Jesus was a waste of time because his mind would be a blur while you try to talk to him? Maybe you didn’t and I am the only one. Oh please Lord, please  forgive me for that. 

Here in my little neighborhood there are a tone of those people. For some reason, after seeing so many people like that you because kind of inmune to their life style. 

Now, for 3 night in a row my son has being asking me to pray for all the drunk people in Bolivia. At first I thought “what has he been watching? and why does he want to pray for them?” then I said “ok: lets pray”  I usually am the one praying, but this time was different. He went ahead of me and started praying. I didn't even have to say ‘you first’. When he started to pray flashbacks came to my mind. He started praying for the man who passed by our little house twice a day almost everyday. You can tell that he is drunk because he wobbles when he walks and he laughs by himself. My son can actually imitate his laugh pretty good, and when he imitates this man is usually to make a point and no to make fun of him. Then my son prayed for another drunk person. This man was one we had fed once when we first move to the neighborhood. One day my son came to the kitchen saying “Mom, there is a poor man in front of our house” I went to see and this was an old man, his hair was white and his cloths were dirty. He was walking but he didn't seem to be conscious. My 5 year old asked him something and the man responded something that didn't make much sense. I gave my son some money to give to him. The man left talking, maybe hallucinating for all the alcohol in his system. Another day the same man passed by and again my son came rushing through the door telling me “mom, the man is passing by again” By this time it was lunch time. He really wanted to help this man, and of course I want him to learn to help and love people so I said: “what if we give him some food? he might be hungry!” so I got a plastic container and a spoon and I send my husband and my son to deliver the food and some money to the man. My son was so happy when he came back home. He said “oh poor man, at least he has food to eat now” I  didn't know this had made a big impression in his mind. This was one of the man my son had decided to pray for. To finish his prayer my son said “Please Lord stop them from drinking more alcohol to which I added “ and that they May learn about Jesus” 
What If we prayed for those who the world don't see, those who the world don't want to help because they are useless to society. What if by doing this our own hearts were transformed to love like Jesus? What if we pray less for us and more for our neighbor?

What a lesson I had from a child! If you feel that there is nothing you can do for one person, know that the biggest and best thing you can do is to pray for them.

Today I want to encourage you to pray for someone you know is sick, a friend who's marriage is not doing well, the friend who has left the church and for those who you think are impossible to conquer with the gospel!

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.


By the way, never underestimate the impression you can make in someones life, specially children, so make them for good.


Studio Update:





On February 21 the Red advenir will do the inauguration of their new studio. Luis have been so busy, building stages, putting the lights up on the grid, setting up the cameras, and there are still a lot of small details that need to be fixed. 



So please pray for the crew, so that they can finish on time. There are people coming from different parts of the world  to celebrate with us the inauguration of this new studio. All the programs recored there will be a blessing to everyone who watches.






Bible study with neighborhood children:



Every Saturday and Wednesday night we give classes to the children in the neighborhood where the RedAdvenir clinic is. Its nice to see the children run to the clinic even before we start the bible study. Luis gives bible study to the teenager. When he started the studies, there were like 5 teenage girls, now there is only one. When I go, I usually help with the small children whom first listen to a bible story and later they get to color something related to the story. My children, specially the older one loves to go with us. Please pray for these children, they live in very dysfunctional homes. One girl, maybe 10 years old was crying by the bathroom. I when to see what was going on and she told me that she suffers from headache. Every time she sees her step father fight with or bitting her mother she gets  these headaches. It is really hard too see so much suffering and been unable to do something more for this children. The most we can do is to teach them about God and pray for them.
















As always thank you for you prayers and continue support.
We will keep you up to date from the front lines.
May our Father in heaven guide each step you give.

Lets get ready, He is coming soon.

With christian love,

The Jaen Family.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that beautiful testimony about Izhar, this is so true, we often as adults judge people and label then as unreachable, but praise God for the children's hearts that are so easily impressed by God's spirit and remind us often of this very thing, all are God's children and we cannot read the hearts, we should love and have compassion for all and show God's live to them and leave the rest to God. May God continue to bless your ministry there. The sets are looking wonderful! God's blessings are evident. Live you guys and I pray for you often, we miss you. Yajaira Cuesta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful story about Izhar! He has inspired us all!! It is so wonderful to see how God is making use of your many talents for His glory! We miss you all, but know that we will all be together again very soon! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete